1. Right Leadership: Learn the kettlebell secrets from a highly qualified instructor.
Russian Kettlebell Certification (RKC) from Dragon Door and The International Kettlebell & Fitness Federation (IKFF) are the top certifying organizations in the world.
2. Great Swing: Develop your kettlebell swing. The swing is the basis of all kettlebell movements. By excelling at the basics, you can be very good at everything else.
3. Breathe Well: Proper breathing is a must. All kettlebell movements have a designated breathing technique that helps the body to execute the exercise efficiently and assimilate it fully.
4. Slow Motion: Work on quality not on quantity. The better you execute your movements, the stronger, healthier and more aligned you will be.
5. Down Time: Mind your down days. Kettlebells are very strenuous and demanding exercises. It’s very important that you have just 3 hard sessions per week, doing non-impact exercises on the others days such as cycling, swimming or rowing.
6. Low Dose: Keep your workouts between 20-30 minutes long. A half-hour or so worth of swings with a 1:1 work-to-rest ratio is more than enough to have your body burning fat for days after the workout is done.
7. Be Patient: Never force a rep or increase the weight without being ready for it. Remember, kettlebells don’t hurt people; improper choices do.
8. Right Routine: Try to perform a day of clean-and-presses, a day of snatches and high-pulls, and another day of pure swings to maximize your fitness levels.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Boris Fernandez specializes in Kettlebell training, swimming and triathlon coaching. He’s a certified RKC Kettlebell Instructor, USA Swim Coach & 2-time Florida State Short-Course Triathlon Champion.