1. Twiggy was trained to swim at a young age. That’s the best thing anyone can do to stay safe in and around the water. Twiggy always swims with a buddy; she never swims alone.
2. Twiggy reads and obeys all the rules. She always swims in areas that are supervised by a lifeguard or makes sure that there are adults around.
3. Twiggy wants you to watch out for the dangerous “too’s” – too tired, too cold, too far from safety, too much sun, too much strenuous activity. She does, however, always dvocate that you can never have too much fun!
4. Twiggy only uses a feet-first entry when getting into the water, especially in places she doesn’t know. Enter headfirst only when the area is clearly marked for diving and has no obstructions.
5. Twiggy is a professional waterskiing squirrel so she knows the boating rules. Always use Coast Guard-approved life jackets for yourself and passengers when boating and fishing.
6. Twiggy never leaves the shore without a float plan. Anytime she goes out boating, she gives a responsible person details about where she’ll be and how long she’ll be gone.
7. Twiggy encourages everyone to protect their eyes. Sunglasses are like sunscreen for your eyes and protect against damage from the sun. They aren’t just for looking fashionable.
8. Twiggy is big on sun protection. She always wears sunscreen with at least SPF 30 rating and tries to stay in the shade as much as possible, especially during peak sun hours and her breaks between performances.
9. Twiggy stays hydrated. She drinks plenty of water regularly, even if she’s not feeling thirsty. She knows that the body needs water to keep cool.